There was a survey done recently where businesses and customers alike were questioned about their experience with online video for the purpose of marketing. In this blog post we will summarize the findings from that survey.
Video for instruction
Video can be used to answer frequently asked questions, or instruct customers or clients, thus saving time for the company, and effort for the customer.
- 93% of businesses who use video believe that it has increased user understanding of their product or service
- 36% of businesses believe that they’ve received less support queries as a result
Video for home page
We typically recommend using video to hook the attention of a website visitor right away – by placing it on your homepage.
- 72% of businesses who use video believe that it has improved the conversion rate of their website
- 64% of businesses believing that video has directly led to increased sales
- 45% of businesses who use video say they have an explainer video on their home page
- 83% say their home page explainer video is effective!
- 61% of businesses reported that they currently use video as a marketing tool
This last statistic means that there still is a minority, 39% that don’t utilize video yet. If you would like some help using video for your business, let us know.
Video on social media
The ease and appeal of spreading videos on social media, makes it another great tool for reaching potential customers.
- 87% of businesses who use video say they use it on social media…
- 78% saying they believe it to be an effective tactic
From the customers perspective…
- 76% of users say they would share a branded video with their friends if it was entertaining
- 65% of users say they’d share a video if it was informative
- Just 3% of consumers say they would never share a branded video under any circumstances.
If you want to download the full survey, you can download it here.