But you don’t need to be a multinational company with billions in profit to benefit from a video introduction. What is transferwise? Find out by watching this 1 minute introduction. This is the archetype of an explainer video, it’s short, engaging, and easy to get into. And of course, very effective.
- 81% of senior marketing executives now use online video content in their marketing programs, up from the 70% who did so a year earlier (marketingprofs)
- 93% of marketers had used video according to a poll done by emarketer
- Video search results have a 41% better click through rate than its text counterpart (b2b marketing)
- Retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average and are 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors, according to Comscore
- A test done by e-retailer reports that the consumer who views a product video is up to 144% more likely to add that product to her cart than a consumer who watches no video
Looking at the following statistics, this becomes even more clear:
- Youtube reports more than a billion, unique users every month
- Youtube broadcasts more than six billion hours of video content every month – this equals about 23000 years of video, every day.
- The average YouTube visitor watches 388.3 minutes of content every month (Cornscore)
- Already 2012, the most shared content on facebook, was video (Zuum)
- 71% of consumers say video the best way to bring product features to life invodo
- Cisco expect a STUNNING 80 – 90% of all internet traffics by consumers to be video consumption by 2018
The next media comes to the next platform, that we carry around with us everywhere, every day. Some things on a a smartphone is fiddly, some things work great – and one of those, of course, is video. If you have a website, it might be tricky to navigate on a phone, but video content plays the same. If your front is a video, then it will work flawlessly across platforms, delivering the same message, equally engaging. In fact, research shows that mobile users, interact even more with video, than with traditional media.
- Shoppers using smartphones and tablets are three times as likely to view a video as shoppers using a notebook or desktop computer. Onlinevideo.net
- Mobile and tablet video minutes have grown by 719% in just the last 2 years. (Ooyala video index)
- Video accounted for 51% of mobile traffic in 2013
- Studying 800 000 emails GetResponse found that, emails containing video received, on average, got 5.6% higher open rates, and 96.38 % higher CTRs than non-video emails
- Open rates of email was raised by between 7-13% when the word “video” was used in the subject line (Experian)